Great opportunity for someone looking to relocate to the South West
Due to rapid growth in the UK market, Harmony Fire has a rewarding performance-focused career opportunity for a Lead Software Architecture to join our team.
Harmony is a specialist fire and security engineering contractor working nationwide across all industry sectors providing a fully comprehensive fire & life safety package to our clients. Harmony has a very diverse customer base and a key requirement will be a passion to learn new skills and embrace the opportunity to cross-train with colleagues.
The role is office-based from our Milborne Port Project Office, near Sherborne in Dorset, however, may include field-based sales activities also.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic person, keen to learn and has a willingness to help as part of the team.
At Harmony, we are on an exciting journey to transform our customer experience through technology. We are passionate about innovation and believe technology has a critical part to play in improving our customer experience and the value we deliver.
From mobile applications to online learning, virtual reality to real-time infographics, we have a pipeline of inspiring projects to deliver and are looking for a versatile software engineer with broad experience in a wide range of projects to lead us on the journey.
The main purpose of the role is to head up the technical planning, design and delivery of various software projects to support our customers and assist the efficiency of the group as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to provide technical direction and decision making in support of the project delivery of new applications.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
· Develop new software applications as part of the engineering team
· Contribute to software architecture and algorithms in our existing products
· Establish, maintain and extend in-depth technical expertise in the latest advances
· Implement high-quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
· Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members.
· Scope development effort and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates.
· Coach and mentor development staff.
· Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
· Background in software development, with work experience that includes operating in a commercial environment where products must be delivered to scope, budget and schedule
· Good Computer Science or relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) to at least 2.1 level
· Experience in building software applications that have security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency built-in from the outset.
· Expertise in writing maintainable and testable code
· Experience working with small teams and/or start-ups environments
· Strong ability to write structured code and create good documentation
· UI design/development experience
· Excellent spoken and written English, with clear communication skills, teamwork and can-do attitude
.Node-RED (desirable but not essential)
. LoRaWAN (desirable but not essential)
. toT Devices (desirable but not essential)
Harmony is a people-focused company that aspires to provide an excellent opportunity for ambitious people looking to add value to a business and where effort and achievements are recognized and rewarded in a supporting and enthusiastic work environment whilst encouraging you to be the best you can be.
Harmony is at the forefront of modern business methodology and is offering a heavily performance-orientated package with great opportunities for any enthusiastic individual who believes in hard work and achieving high levels of customer service.
Here at Harmony we are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a people-focused business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
- software development: 1 year (preferred)