03 Nov 2021
Third Party Accreditation – Creating Peace of Mind
Did you know, there are currently no legal minimum qualification requirements for many trades and services within the fire industry? This is why it’s imperative to use third-party approved contractors. In doing so, you can know that both your business and staff are in safe hands.
There is, however, a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors. Manufacturers must be able to show that their products are resistant to the passage and spread of fire. If a door is not properly maintained, its resistance to fire is severely compromised.
Our BM TRADA Q-Mark Accreditation
Here at Harmony, we belong to the BM TRADA Q-Mark Fire Door Maintenance Scheme. This scheme is designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end-users that their chosen product has not only been maintained correctly but should also perform as intended.
As part of our accreditation with BM TRADA Q-Mark, we will;
• Raise the ongoing standard of maintenance of fire doors
• Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
• Ensure the product’s service life is maximized through correct maintenance
• Provide peace of mind that the maintainer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
• Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the maintenance meets the required standard.